Paladin recognises that excellence in environmental performance is essential to business success and to achieving our sustainable development objectives. Paladin is committed to ensuring our projects are delivered with a keen focus on sustainability and reducing our own Scope 1 and Scope 2 carbon emissions and environmental impact. Paladin aims to minimise its impact on the environment through:
- Effective environmental management across all aspects of its portfolio
- Preventing, minimising, mitigating and remediating any adverse impacts of its operations on the environment
- Achieving continuous improvement in environmental performance.
- No serious environmental incidents
- Compliance with all laws, regulations, licence and permit conditions
- Compliance with monitoring and reporting requirements including the LHM Environmental Clearance Certificate and LHM Environmental Management Plan, and minimising impacts on biodiversity
- Environmental and radiation sampling and monitoring to continue at the LHM
- Environmental monitoring to continue across our exploration assets in Canada and Australia
- Continue modelling and benchmarking the expected future carbon footprint of the LHM based on the modified plant capacity and updated mine plan
- LHM tailings disposal to meet or exceed environmental targets and requirements
- Update the LHM rehabilitation plan
- Compliance with regulations and all approvals obtained for exploration fieldwork across our exploration assets in Canada and Australia.
- Confirm Paladin’s carbon footprint and environmental impact
- Once the future carbon footprint has been confirmed in operations, consider Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions and opportunities to minimise the LHM carbon footprint and environmental impact
- Minimise water loss through tailings management, reuse and reduction plans.